February Classical Open IV
You do not need to live in Seattle to participate, this tournament is for anyone with an active USCF membership!
- Format: 4-rounds Swiss, US Chess Online Regular Rated, US Chess membership required for participation.
- Time Control: Game/30 minutes + 5 second increment per move.
- Date: Saturday, February 27th, 2021
- Start Time: 11:00 am PST
- End Time: Projected end time 3pm PST
- Entry Cost: $15
- Location: Online – Lichess.org
- Commentary: Commentary/Game Analysis by National Master Matt Fleury
- Elligiblity: This tournament is Open to adult and scholastic players of any rating.
- Pairings: Pairings will be made by the lichess pairing algorithm.
- Lichess.org Instructions: You will need a lichess account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for free at lichess.org/signup. After registering for the tournament, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the tournament.
- Prizes: 1st place: Trophy & free admission to next tournament of choice. 2nd & 3rd place trophies.
- Byes: Half point byes are available only on the first round for those who need to arrive late. Requested Byes are not available for this tournament. Full point byes will be assigned automatically by lichess if there is an odd number of players.
- Additional Rated Games: If you receive a bye due to an odd number of players or if you had an opponent that didn’t make any moves, you have the option to challenge any other willing tournament player to a rated game of the same time control immediately following the tournament. These additional games do not affect tournament standings.
- Fair Play: Lichess has an excellent cheat detection algorithm for detecting players using outside assistance. All games will also be monitored and then reviewed by tournament staff before being submitted to USCF. Please read the following fair play terms for competing in our tournaments:
- By registering, all players agree not to use outside assistance of any kind.
- This is a US Chess online rated tournament. Players found to be using outside assistance will be reported to USCF (see USCF Code of Ethics) and restricted from future Seattle Chess School events.
- Players found or believed to be using outside assistance will be ineligible for a prize.
- Tournament staff may expel a player from the tournament, make a player ineligible for a prize, or adjust the standings even if lichess does not close the account.
- Games played by disqualified players will not be USCF rated.
- All fair play adjustments made by tournament staff are final and are not appealable.
- ENTRY LIST
If you have any additional questions, feel free to call us at (206)427-4539, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org