New Years Rapid Swiss Open
Start the New Year with Chess! (and don’t party too hard the night beforehand.) You do not need to live in Seattle to participate, this tournament is for anyone with an active USCF membership!
- Format: 5-rounds Swiss, US Chess online quick rated, US Chess membership required for participation.
- Time Control: Game/15 minutes + 10 second increment per move.
- Date: Friday, January 1, 2020
- Start Time: 11:00 am PST
- End Time: We cannot guarantee the exact end time of this tournament, although we project it will end sometime between 1 and 2pm PST.
- Entry Cost: FREE
- Location: Online – Lichess.org
- Elligiblity: This tournament is Open to adult and scholastic players of any rating.
- Pairings: Pairings will be made by the lichess pairing algorithm.
- Lichess.org Instructions: You will need a lichess account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for free at lichess.org/signup. After registering for the tournament, you will receive an email with instructions on how to join the tournament.
- Prizes: 1st place trophy.
- Anti-Cheating: Lichess has an excellent cheat detection algorithm recognized by USCF. All games will be monitored and reviewed for fair play post-tournament by a Master Coach and Tournament Director before being submitted to USCF. Anyone suspected of cheating will be disqualified from any prizes and removed from our team at the discretion of the TD.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at (206)427-4539, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org